- No entry for persons under the age of 18: If you are under 18 years of age, you are not permitted to the web site - DO NOT USE THIS WEB SITE. In order to ensure legal compliance, we reserve the right to carry out audits in respect of any user’s details to verify their eligibility to access and use this website and participate in any activities connected to it.
- Use of this web site and linking to other pages and web sites at your own risk: By entering and/or using this web site, you agree that your use is at your own risk and that none of the parties involved in creating, producing or delivering this web site is liable for any damages, losses, costs or expenses of any kind (including all legal fees and costs), incurred by any person whomsoever, which may arise from any cause whatsoever, whether directly or indirectly, in any connection with the access to, the use of or browsing of this web site. This disclaimer also applies to the accessing and use of any content of any off-site pages or any other site linked to this web site.
- Intellectual Property: Names, Logos, Trademarks and Copyright Ownership: Ownership of all names, logos, trademarks and works of copyright contained in this web site vests in the respective authors, creators and/or owners. No portion of this web site, including but not limited to the text, images, audio or video, may be used in any manner, or for any purpose whatsoever and you may not delete, re-post or change any content, or any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices. Your use of any of these materials is prohibited and any unauthorized use of these materials may subject you to legal action, penalties or damages.
- Unlawful Behaviour: You may not post or transmit to this web site (or to any other person/web site), any pornographic, obscene, profane, defamatory, libelous, threatening, unlawful or other words or materials which could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, promote the excessive, irresponsible or underage consumption of alcohol, or otherwise violate any law or regulation. All parties involved in creating, producing or delivering this web site, assume no responsibility or liability whatsoever which may arise from the content hereof. You may also not forward any part of this web site, including content or anything else connected to this web site, including any message or communications that you engage in in connection with this web site to any persons under the age of 18. To do so is unlawful and may subject you to legal action, penalties or damages.
- Applicable law: This website is operated from the Republic of South Africa. By accessing and using this website you agree that this website will be governed by the laws of South Africa. If you use this website from another country, you are responsible for compliance with any and all applicable local laws.
- Passwords, Pins, Access Codes and Opting in: When you use this website, register some of your personal details and/or opt-in to receive communications from us and/or affiliate parties, you may be given an access number, user name and/or password, or you may be required to create and register your own user name and/or password. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy and confidentiality of all your user name/s, access number/s and password/s. We are not responsible for any consequences related to your (or any other person’s) access to, use of any part of this Website, or of any linked sites, or to the use of your password/s, pin/s, access number/s or user name/s by anyone whomsoever. Your use this site entirely at your own risk.
What is personal information? Personal information refers to information that identifies or relates specifically to you, for example, your name, age and identity number, and any other information that you have provided to us by means of participation in any research on this website or any other form of communication.
We respect your privacy and your personal information and for this reason, we take all reasonable and appropriate measures (including physical, technological and procedural security safeguards), in accordance with this Policy, to protect your personal information and to keep it confidential. We will also not sell, rent or provide your personal information to any unauthorised third parties for their independent use without your consent.
We may, however, disclose your personal information to our service providers, administrators and managed care providers, who are involved in the delivery of benefits, products and services to you. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with these privacy terms.
How we collect your personal information: Whenever you use this website, complete a form and/or survey, contact us electronically, or voluntarily participate in any of the activities offered by us or any affiliate party, we will collect your personal information that you have voluntarily provided to us, either by way of registration on the website, and/or by virtue of your interaction with the website content or your participation in any of the activities offered by us on the website. We are not responsible for any consequences related to your (or any other person’s) access to, use of any part of this Website, or of any linked sites, or to your providing any details to us or any other parties/sites. Your use this site entirely at your own risk.
Why we collect and use personal information: In order to research our customers’ wants and needs, and to provide you with the product/s and promotions that you request and/or best suit you, it is necessary for us to find out about your preferences with respect to both products, lifestyle and promotional activities. We therefore collect your personal information in order to be able to identify and contact you as requested, process your requests so that we can determine how best meet your needs, and to analyse your personal information and combine all the information that we have about you to compile a profile of you in order for us to personalise and tailor our products to meet your specific needs. Once we have collected and analysed the personal information that you have provided, we may send you promotional material or details which we think may be of interest to you.
While you are using our website we may collect information on the pages you have visited, the time of your visit and other information. The purpose of collecting this information is to help us improve our website to enhance your experience.
Transmitting information or sending e-mail messages via the internet is never completely secure. They may be intercepted, collected, used or disclosed by others. We are not responsible for the security of any confidential communication you send to us via the internet.
Opting out from receiving promotional communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us at any time, either by accessing this website and opting out via the mechanism provided therefore, or opting out via the mechanism provided for on the promotional communications we send to you.
Accessing Your Information: You are entitled to know what personal information about you SAB/ABI has in its possession. You can request SAB/ABI to tell you what personal information it holds. You are also entitled to request SAB/ABI to correct any information which is incorrect. SAB/ABI may refuse to correct information in which case SAB/ABI will record, with your personal information, their reason for refusing to correct the information. SAB/ABI may charge a legally allowable fee to provide you with information.
CONSENT TO DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
You hereby consent to us (SAB/ABI) disclosing your personal information to relevant third parties for the above purposes. If at any time after you have given us your consent and you no longer wish to disclose your personal information to these third parties, you may at any time withdraw your consent by specific written notice to us. Kindly note that withdrawal of such consent will most likely necessarily restrict or otherwise impact on the quality or accessibility of certain services or benefits.
Changes to this Privacy NOTICE
We may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time, so please make sure that you familiarise yourself with this Privacy Notice regularly. The version of this Privacy Notice that is stated as being current at the time that you access this website will govern the respective rights and obligations between you and us at such time of access to and use of this website.
When you log in you will be given notice of any material changes to this Privacy Notice. However, you remain responsible to check the Privacy Notice, and we will not be responsible for failure to provide such notice, or for the accuracy or otherwise of any such notice.
South african law governs this Privacy NOTICE
This Privacy Notice is governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa, and you consent to the jurisdiction of the South African courts in respect of any dispute which may arise out of or in connection with the content, interpretation, or application of this Privacy Notice.
No REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES
We make no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, reasonableness or completeness of this Privacy Notice, and no liability will attach to us or its advisors as a result of reliance on the content of this Privacy Notice.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have questions about this Privacy Notice or need further information about our privacy practices or wish to access or correct your personal information, please contact us at the following details: